Personal experience as the go-to person in my family and with friends for all things medical. Supported several family members and friends struggling to understand illnesses and treatment options. Helped patients and family members share information, often with estranged family and friends.
Medical editor specializing in best practices in healthcare (navigation guides, practice guidelines, and education materials) for cancer organizations, palliative care associations, and other medical groups.
Studied mourning, grief, and bereavement (thanatology); palliative care; and nursing in oncology and palliative care.
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology and Sociology, University of Toronto
- Certificate in Mourning, Grief and Bereavement, Georgian College
- Palliative Care Certificate, Mohawk College (expected completion, Spring 2017)
- Courses in Patient Navigation, Compassion Fatigue, Advance Care Planning, Cancer Survivorship, and Psychosocial Care, de Souza Institute
- Various conferences and education programs through the North Simcoe Muskoka Hospice Palliative Care Network and Hospice Palliative Care Ontario.
Stroke Recovery Association of Barrie and District: exercise instructor, member of the board, vice president
Hospice Simcoe: outreach education program
Royal Victoria Health Centre: palliative and in-patient cancer care unit; Café Royale